- Four Lions was screened as part of a double bill with Repo Man, which we wrote about here.
- I’d previously said that we’d write about Four Lions “in mid-December”. From this you may surmise that I have either very poor timekeeping or a chancer’s disinterest in the truth. Neither of these possibilities should concern you overly much. Move along.
- The screening took place in sunny Cathcart, on the evening of Saturday 6th November 2010. Note: by the time we watched Four Lions the sun was a distant memory. By the time the film finished, it may well have been early on Sunday 7th November 2010.
- Scott, Chris and David attended; everyone else is scared of fire and fun.
- David and Scott had both seen the movie in the cinema. David had actually seen it twice, because he is a sad bastard that way. Chris had not previously seen the film.
- Not even Football Manager was able to distract Chris this time.
- Four Lions was originally going to be watched as a double feature with Chris Morris’ short movie My Wrongs #8245–8249 & 117. The subsequent orphaning of the movie has upset the lovely Lynne, who will hopefully be providing us with some guest thoughts on Four Lions.
- We’ll come back to My Wrongs #8245–8249 & 117 at a later date, because no matter what your mother might tell you, we’re not monsters.